I have always loved skirts in the summer, especially in maxi lengths. The wrap skirt – this season’s hottest trend in skirts, is making me want to wear one each and every day! Whether it be mini, midi, or maxi – the ruffle effect and along with the dip of the front hem, makes the wrap skirt decidedly feminine without even trying. Whether you are wearing it casually with a graphic tee or with a tank of off the shoulder top out for a night on the town – you will look like a million bucks without trying (and without breaking the bank!).
The True Wraps
Whether your style is more utilitarian or girly – there is a wrap skirt for you. Simply Add your favorite basic tank or tee to any of these lovelies and you will be sure to turn heads.
- Olive Flounce Wrap – Shein $20. 100% cotton and looks amazing, but I can not speak to its quality – the price is so good it makes me wonder! Worth a try as it is a great silhouette in a fabuouls color that transitions easily to Fall.
- Denim Maxi Wrap – Level 99 (at anthro) $98. This one is timeless in the denim chambray and it will also transition right into Fall with your favorite boots.
- Navy Stripe Midi Wrap – Gap currently $26 with code “deal” and what a deal! I love all things nautical and this fits the bill. Toss on a white tank and your favorite gold or navy flips for day or even your favorite chucks or camel sandals for night. Add a denim jacket if it gets chilly. It doesn’t get much easier.
- I am also smitten (by way of the web) with this Striped Blue and White Wrap Ruffle Skirt from Shein – $25. I just ordered – so i will report back.
- Finally – my favorite wrap skirt ever. In crisp cotton poplin (see pic above) and the most amazing blue – the Ruffle Wrap Skirt from JCrew – on sale for $79.99. They had sold out and a few sizes just popped back up. So run if you want this lovely!
Love the look of a wrap skirt, but don’t enjoy actually wrapping? These skirts give you the look, yet have their own closure to make wearing them a snap. And just like the real thing – the addition of a simple tank or tee makes the look complete.
- On me, at top – Gauze Bassanova Faux Wrap Skirt at Nordstrom Rack $29.99 Love this one with my pom pom sandals!
- Faux Wrap Crepe Ruffled Maxi Skirt – Vince Camuto at Nordstrom on sale for $53.40. Runs large size down one.
- Linen Ruffle Skirt – JCrew, color white and navy are $79.50 and red is on sale for $54.99
- Printed Faux Wrap Skirt – Flying Tomato at Nordstrom Rack $26.97
- Pinstripe Ruffle Tiered Skirt – at Shein $17! Doesn’t that just sound like a fake price doesn’t it?? I love the button detail and the sweet seersucker like stripe.
The Short Story
Love the look, maxis and midis not your thing? Don’t fret – this season the wrap skirt trend is even represented in mini length. Here are my favorites:
- Gingham Faux Wrap Mini – Shein $13 (yes, again – this price!?!?). So cute!
- Meadow Chambray Wrap Skirt – Madewell $39.99. I love the subtle prepster vibes. Wear with your chucks and a vintage lacoste shirt or graphic tee!
- Marguerite Cream Wrap Mini Skirt – LuLu’s $45. I love the big drapey ties on this one.
- Raw Edge Denim Wrap Mini – Madewell $79.50. So cute and timeless that you’ll wear in the winter with tights and boots too!