Pom poms are making quite the racket this season. With their bright and carefree attitude – it makes sense as they create an instant fiesta vibe. But how and when should you wear these little puff balls of fun? Read on for some of my favs (at all price points!) and how they fit effortlessly into your wardrobe!
1. A Gauzy Kimono worthy of both the beach and city. Toss it on over your favorite bathing suit or wear with your favorite jeans and a white tank. This one is from Leavitt & Co and is a steal at $38!!! – please email Dana to purchase. Or choose one from Aqua with multi colored pom poms which will match all of your bathing suits and will be a show stopper with a tank and white jeans.
2. Don’t feel like wearing you pom poms? Carry them! A large straw tote looks right at home with some bright colors adorning its side. Like this one from Lilly Pulitzer. It is a bit of a splurge, but I bought this one last summer and it’s still part of their current collection and a summer staple in my wardrobe and so well made that it will be for some time. I also love the Poms All Around Straw Tote from Free People – it’s a steal at $48! Large and roomy and has a cover to keep your items safe and secure.
I am also totally crushing on the pom pom clutch. What an easy way to add some pizazz to your summer soiree, date night, or girls night out! Toss on a pair of white jeans, heels and carry one of these – and poof: instant style. I adore this clam shell shaped one from Lilly, but there are plenty of less expensive options like this navy rainbow pom pom clutch from Francesca’s for just $22.
3. Want to get your pom pom on, but in a “small” way? Even necklaces and earrings have found their way into this trend! What could be easier than tossing on a few strands of beads mixed with pom poms or a pair of bright festive statement earrings? I love these pieces paired with a crisp white dress, white jeans, or even just blue jeans and a white tee. They effortlessly kick your style up a notch. Bauble Bar has so many cute ones to chose from. Here are two of my favs – the Guadeloupe Pom Pom Necklace at $34 and the Solange Pom Pom Earrings at $38.
4. Off the shoulder and pom poms? Yes, please! Anytime I can put two of summer’s top trends into one look – I’m game. This black romper from Anthropologie is so easy to wear and is perfect with flat sandals for errands, lunch, sight seeing or toss on some heels and wear her for night (and how cute is that pom pom visor!?!?). And check out this embroidered off the shoulder top from Love Stitch – so cute and effortless with denim shorts or jeans and it could even work as a coverup!
5. Last and yes least (hah!) – pom poms for the minimalist. Want in the trend, but in a subdued way? I love this simple linen tank from JCrew and at $14.99 its a no brainer. Pair it with a denim pencil skirt or skinny jeans and this Madewell clutch (also a steal at $22.99!) for a totally laid back vibe.
You must log in to post a comment.